FAR-West needs dedicated volunteers to coordinate important aspects of our 2012 conference in Irvine CA. Please think about stepping up and taking on a position to make our conference successful.
One or two individuals needed to coordinate the Official Showcases. The position responsibilities include:
- establish a schedule and process for submissions
- select 10-12 judges from different parts of the music community
- distribute applicant information to judges; provide scoring criteria and deadline for scores to be submitted
- compile scores and communicating with selected artists about timing, stage plots and support available
- announce list of selected artists
- develop schedule of performances for each night and provide concert schedule to program book, webmaster, social media and publicity coordinators
- work with stage manager and other volunteers to manage showcases.
Interested volunteers should email Julie Paris at firstname.lastname@example.org