11th Annual FAR-West Music Conference
October 16-19, 2014
Marriott City Center, Oakland, CA
Conference Coordinators: Jeanette Lundgren & John Roy Zat
FAR-West, one of five regions of Folk Alliance International, celebrates folk music, dance and related performing arts through our annual conference. We invite you to join us this October -- to listen, celebrate, recognize, and enjoy the richness of folk music and arts in the West. This year's conference will be held at the Marriott City Center in Oakland, CA.
The weekend will open with a Venues' Choice Concert, and includes Official Showcases, Best Of The West luncheon, Private Guerrilla Showcases, Panels and Workshops, New Voices Showcases, Susanne Millsaps Memorial Coffeehouse, and Networking Center. When you register, don’t forget that there are also many sponsorship and advertising opportunities.
Here are the registration rates for FAI Members/Non-members.
Pre-Conference (Sept 1 – October 5) $200/$230
Full Conference (after October 5) $225/$255
One day - Friday $110
One day - Saturday including luncheon $145
NOTE: $5 from every registration will go to support Venue Sponsorship to help defray the costs for invited venues to join us at FAR-West. If you want to Opt-Out of this contribution, you may do so on the Donations page on the Registration site.
Here are links to important conference information pages.
- Conference Registration
- Conference Attendee List (updated Sept 15)
- Preliminary Conference Schedule
- Public Events at FAR-West 2014
- Pre & Post Conference Events
- Guide to FAR-West
- Conference Hotel Information and Reservations
- Best of the West
- Official Showcase Artists
- Venues’ Choice Concert
- Story Expo
- PGS Performing Opportunities
- PGS Room List
- Susanne Millsaps Memorial Coffeehouse Schedule
- New Voices in the West Schedule
- Networking Center
- Panels and Workshops Schedule
- Venue Sponsorship
- Program Book
- Tote Bag Information
- Nancy Mestyanek "Within My Reach" Award
- Conference Organizing Committee
- Volunteering at FAR-West 2014
- Collection for Second Strings Project